Friday, August 8, 2008

More Torture; Edwards, etc.

So now we learn that they're using coffin-sized boxes to hold detainess for up to 12 hours at a time at Gitmo. Know who used coffin-sized boxes on their prisoners? Nazis at Auschwitz.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/07/segregation.boxes/index.html

Many construe criticism of our government's torture methods, such as waterboarding, as overly-sensitive swooning for people who want to kill us. But you know what? It's not about them, it's about us. If Bush wants to lecture China on human rights abuses, which he did yesterday, then we should not abuse human rights either. Under this administration we have lost all moral high ground.

The Edwards story just broke as well. 1.) Did he actually think this wouldn't have come out if he had won the nomination?; 2.) I'm glad that he didn't win because it would have sunk him; 3.) Given the timing, he must have been two-timing his wife while she was being diagnosed with very serious cancer. Classy.

I'm so glad Obama has none of this type of baggage. I'm tired of that kind of soap opera, which we got enough of during the Clinton years
.

2 comments:

The Engman family said...

So disappointed in Edwards. I truly like him, but I have to say, his stock just dropped a bit in my book.

Sam Schwartz said...

Michele was heartbroken. I liked his message, but he always seemed like a snake in the grass to me.