Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I. HATE. THE. DUCKS.

My friend from the KFO (that is, Klamath Falls, Oregon for my non-Oregonian readers) came down over the weekend to watch the Beavers play the Wildcats. It was a great game, and best of all, we won on a last second field goal.

Now it's Beavers/Ducks, in Corvallis, for the Rose Bowl. I have talked a lot of smack in my lifetime to Ducks fans, and being an Oregonian, there's literally no way that if you're either a Duck or a Beaver, that you can avoid having friends and/or family in the other camp. Usually, I can still get along with them as long as we don't talk football. But this week, those people are not my friends or family: they are simply my enemy.

There are three teams I hate in sports, and which deserve nothing but scorn:

3) the Pittsburgh Steelers (for robbing the Seahawks of a Super Bowl victory)
2) the New York Yankees
1) the Oregon Ducks

I hate the Ducks uniforms and their faux-trendiness, I hate the fact that they think they're god's gift to college football, despite having accomplished very little, I hate the fact that they're not the Beavers. I hate their yuppie fans, and their wannabe yuppie fans.

I. HATE. THE. DUCKS.

Have fun in the Las Vegas Bowl, you pieces of crap.

4 comments:

Bonnie Kim said...

Lol! You are funny and very subtle...

Schwartz said...

simmer down

-hh said...

wow. i am very uncomfortable with your extremism.

-hh said...

karma hates hate. and now all is right with the world.